Elon Musk is set to unveil his third master plan to the world on March 1.
The CEO of Tesla/SpaceX/Boring Company/Twitter announced on Twitter that “Master Plan 3” will be announced at Tesla’s Investor Day on March 1. According to the post, the event will be held at Giga Texas, Tesla’s manufacturing facility in the state. . Musk says the plan will be “the path to a fully sustainable energy future for Earth,” adding that “the future is bright!”
Musk has been teasing “Master Plan 3” since March of last year. In response to someone who expressed anticipation for the plan, Musk responded by saying “Tesla’s main topics will grow to extreme size, which is necessary to move humanity away from fossil fuels and AI”. But I will also include sections on SpaceX, Tesla and The Boring Company.
If you’re wondering what the previous master plans were, here’s a quick breakdown. As Musk summed it up, Master plan 1which was announced in 2006, consisted of:
- Create a low-volume car, which would inevitably be expensive
- Use this money to develop a mid-volume car at a lower price
- To use This money to create an affordable, high-volume car
- Provide solar energy. No kidding, this has literally been on our website for 10 years.
Master plan 2which Musk called Part Deux and launched in 2016, consisted of:
- Create stunning solar rooftops with seamlessly integrated battery storage
- Expand electric vehicle product line to address all major segments
- Develop self-driving capability 10 times safer than manual driving through massive fleet learning
- Allow your car to earn money for you when not in use
Tesla is likely to stream Investor Day on March 1, but the company has yet to add a placeholder video to YouTube. Keep an eye out, because it would be weird if it didn’t come.
Musk’s announcement comes weeks after the CEO revealed that the Cybertruck won’t go into mass production until 2024.