As King Charles III prepares for his coronation, The explosive memories of Prince Harry “Spare” would be a huge pomegranate behind the palace gates.
A source close to the royal family told People magazine in this week’s cover story that Prince William was “very upset” by his younger brother’s allegations and “needs to calm down”. In the book, released on January 10, the Duke of Sussex claimed the heir to the throne physically attacked him during an argument over Meghan Markle. The 38-year-old claimed the incident took place in 2019 after William, 40, called his wife “rude” and “difficult”.
“[William] was portrayed as hot-headed and unsympathetic,” the palace insider told the outlet. things differently. “
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told Fox News Digital that the British royal family is still reeling from Harry’s latest account. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex previously released a six-part documentary series on Netflix in December detailing their struggles with royal life.
KATE MIDDLETON AGAINST PRINCE HARRY, MEGHAN MARKLE FROTS WITH CRITICAL NEW RECRUIT
“William was reportedly furious at behavior which indicated the Sussexes had become totally untrustworthy,” Fitzwilliams said. “Everything that is said to them could end up in the media. [It’s my understanding] he was skeptical about the benefits of inviting them [to the coronation].”
“King Charles was extremely concernedin particular through attacks against [his wife] Camille [in] “Spare,” Fitzwilliams continued. “However, reports have indicated that he intends to invite them to the coronation, although invitations have yet to be sent out. Harry indicated when promoting ‘Spare’ that if they attend the coronation was an issue that had not yet been resolved. The Sussexes want to speak to the Royal Family and get some form of acknowledgment for what they believe they have been through.”
In an interview with ITV, Harry admitted he wanted his brother and father back. He said “they showed no willingness to reconcile”, although it was unclear who he was referring to.
Kinsey Schofield, the host of the ‘To Di For Daily’ podcast, told Fox News Digital that whatever the drama, the Sussexes will be invited to the coronation in May. However, this may just be a formality, not a sign of reconciliation.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
“In terms of public relations, it’s a requirement,” Schofield said. “If Charles doesn’t invite Harry and Meghan, the couple will weaponize lightly.”
As for William, Schofield claimed he was handling the drama “in-house.”
“He’s trying to come to terms with the fact that he’s lost the brother he’s always known,” she explained. “It’s a heartache he hasn’t felt since losing his mother… only heightened by a sense of betrayal. The Prince of Wales inherited his father’s temper so [he] prefers not to dwell on the subject because it annoys him.”
“Princess Diana would probably strongly disagree with me, but I think William should keep his distance from Prince Harry,” Schofield shared. “…What Harry and Meghan are doing…specifically to William…is selfish and destructive. There will be an invitation, not just because of the public relations nightmare a lack of an invitation would create, but because Charles really feels the Harry’s absence would take away from his day…I wouldn’t be surprised if both Harry and Meghan were there.They need the monarchy more than they let on.
PRINCE HARRY, PARANOID ABOUT THE PRESS, CONDUCTED ‘LOYALTY TESTS’ THAT LEFT PALACE HELPS ‘EXHAUSTED’: BOOK
Buckingham Palace officials declined to comment on the allegations made in Harry’s book. A spokesperson for King Charles III did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. A spokesperson for Kensington Palace, which represents the Prince and Princess of Wales, told Fox News Digital he had no comment. Royal family allies have pushed back on Harry’s claims, largely anonymously.
“There is no doubt that members of the royal family were angered by the Harry and Meghan docuseries for Netflix and appalled by the content of ‘Spare’, which contained deplorable attacks on other members of his family,” said said Fitzwilliams. “The palace has kept a dignified silence…There is no chance, in my opinion, that the Sussexes can eclipse the [coronation], as we saw at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations and at the Queen’s funeral. Everything was strictly choreographed.”
Royal commentator Jonathan Sacerdoti told Fox News Digital he has no doubt Buckingham Palace will maintain its wall of silence around ‘Spare’ despite what might be happening behind the scenes.
“There has been so much speculation and gossip surrounding the coronation and thoughts of the Royal Family since Prince Harry released ‘Spare’, but that’s it: speculation and gossip,” Sacerdoti explained. “The Palace has made no official response. This is their response. The King does not need to say anything – he is the King. His silence is a statement in itself. Harry and Meghan led a massive assault on the royal family, but the crown has overcome far worse over the centuries.The king has undoubtedly learned well from history how and when to comment and share his thoughts with others, and especially when not to .
PRINCE HARRY SAYS 400 PAGES CUT FROM ‘SPARE’ BOOK BECAUSE WILLIAM, CHARLES WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM
Royal expert Hilary Fordwich told Fox News Digital that Harry’s comment on William and his wife Kate Middleton in “Spare” is “a final straw.” William, she pointed out, is known to be fiercely protective of his family. A reconciliation between brothers despite their father’s pleas may be unlikely, she said. As a result, Harry may limit his visit to the UK if he crosses the pond for the coronation.
“[Harry] has the perfect ‘out’ as the May 6 coronation ceremony falls on the same date as her son Archie’s fourth birthday,” she said. “This means Harry is most likely to travel to the Kingdom alone United while Meghan remains in California and can, once again, be with their children instead.”
“It should not be forgotten that the Sussexes get their contracts by being royals, despite their hatred of the institution,” said Fitzwilliams. “If they failed to turn up at the coronation, which is an event of global significance, it would draw further attention to their status as royal pariahs. Despite their abysmal levels of popularity in polls in Britain, a majority believe that they should attend.”
According to People magazine, there has been talk that Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who married the Sussexes and will officiate the coronation service, has been called in to help bring the two sides together, People magazine reported. Reports alleged Charles, 74, asked the Archbishop to contact the Sussexes.
PRINCE HARRY’S ‘SPARE’ GRENADE: 5 BIGGEST MISTAKES IN DUKE OF SUSSEX’S EXPLOSIVE NEW INTERVIEWS
“If he could reconcile the family members, that’s what he would want to do,” a source close to Welby told the outlet.
In early 2020, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they were quitting royal duties and moving to North America, citing what they said were the unbearable intrusions and racist attitudes of the British media. They now live in Montecito, California with their two young children.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.