Machine Gun Kelly was electrocuted while performing on stage Friday night in Arizona.
Booked as the headliner for the Coors Light Birds Nest concert series at Scottsdale’s 2023 Waste Management Phoenix Open, MGK was performing when some sort of static electricity buildup caused the rapper’s hair to stick together. turned skyward punk-rocker.
The moment, which was captured by at least one fan in the crowd, circulated on social media on Saturday, prompting Machine Gun Kelly to confirm yes. he was actually electrocuted.
MGK reposted the clip to his Instagram Story, as he could barely contain his own surprise at not witnessing the bizarre viral clip. “Yooo,” MGK wrote, “I got electrocuted and my hair stood on end.”
TMZ confirms that no medical assistance was needed at the scene, as MGK spent the rest of the night attending Drake’s Super Bowl party with his fiancée Megan Fox.
Earlier today, MGK made sure to thank their fans for selling out the show on such a big weekend.
“I’m playing this PGA Birds Nest golf show tonight, and they’ve been doing it, I think, for about 70, 80 years, or something, and it’s the best-selling show they’ve ever had. , and you guys did that. It seems to be the theme of all the shows they’ve announced recently with us on it,” he said. “I’m really, really flattered and honored, because I don’t even post a lot of stuff, and you find it and spread the word. It makes me really happy and very proud to be with you.