These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. PDP campaign accuses El-Rufai of inciting Nigerians against FG
Atiku/Okowa campaign organization spokesman Daniel Bwala has accused Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai of inciting Nigerians against the federal government.Learn more
2. Naira scarcity, Supreme Court trial tops agenda as Adamu invites APC governors to meet on Sunday
All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman Abdullahi Adamu will meet with the governors-elect at the party platform on Sunday in Abuja.Learn more
3. 2023: New poll expects Tinubu to win popular vote, runoff possible
A survey by a civil society organization, Enough Is Enough (EiE) and a research firm, SBM Intelligence, has predicted a possible victory of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in the elections of the February 25. .Learn more
4. ELECTIONS: Keyamo questions the transparency of the INEC’s central server
Spokesperson for the All Progressive Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council and Minister of State for Labor and Employment, Festus Keyamo questioned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on ensuring transparency in the use of its central server.Learn more
5. More state governments counter Buhari, tell residents to continue using old naira notes
Many state governors across the country have asked residents to continue transacting with the old N500 and N1,000 banknotes despite President Muhammdu Buhari’s directive.Learn more
READ ALSO:Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers, Thursday 16th February 2023
6. FBN Holdings and Zenith Bank top trades as Nigerian capital market loses N386.2 billion in five hours
Shareholders in the Nigerian capital market lost N386.2 billion in investments following the -1.30% decline in equity capitalization on Friday.Learn more
7. Jumia lays off 900 workers and closes businesses with a loss of $49.8 million
Jumia laid off 900 workers to cut costs, resulting in a 20% reduction in the workforce, Ripples Nigeria reported from the company’s fourth quarter 2022 financial statements.Learn more
8. Police warn of attacks on banks during protest over naira scarcity
Nigerian police warned on Friday that anyone caught raiding banks during the ongoing naira shortage protest would be treated as an armed robber.Learn more
9. Police sergeant arrested for alleged murder of 80-year-old woman in Adamawa
Adamawa State police officers arrested a sergeant. Aliyu Yusuf for the alleged murder of 80-year-old Maryam Yerbure Abdullahi in the state.Learn more
10. I was robbed of the 2013 African POTY award — Mikel Obi
Former Super Eagles midfielder Mikel Obi has revealed why he didn’t receive the 2013 African Footballer of the Year award.Learn more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.